Updated 4th June 2020
During the Covid-19 crisis, we want to ensure that we are following all the government's advice while adding our own extra measures to protect our customers and staff. With regular updates in a fast-moving crisis, we will update any new measures here. The following measures are currently in place:
In Our Stores
Our stores are now opened with some restrictions to keep our customers and staff safe. Our goods are deemed as essential products for building and/or home maintenance under the government's Priority Business Sectors. We had delayed our opening to ensure we can do so in the safest possible way. Customers unable to travel to our stores are able to purchase wood flooring and large floor samples via our online options detailed below.
We kindly ask that you follow our Covid-19 store rules for your safety and the safety of our team.
If Visiting Our Stores Please :
- Wait at the designated queue point to be admitted. Queues are unlikely, but possible at peak times.
- Browse online first to reduce time in-store. We may have to limit browsing times during peak occupancy.
- Pay with card.
- We cannot accept groups larger than 3 people.
- Do not bring children in-store where possible. If unavoidable, children must be supervised and with their guardian at all times.
- Maintain a 2m distance when in-store or when queueing.
- Use the supplied hand sanitizer on entry.
- Do not touch sample displays.
- Customer Toilets are out of service.
- All order collection points are now distanced and non-contact. All collections will be left outside when you are ready. NB This may include heavy items. Ensure you have someone able to lift these into your vehicle.
- Do not visit if you have any Covid-19 symptoms and follow government guidelines.
Extra Measures We Have Taken :
- All stores have been professionally disinfected prior to opening.
- Our team are following a strict cleansing rota on all shared items.
- Our team are regularly disinfecting their hands.
- Our sales team will be wearing new masks, changed every 4hrs daily.
- Our team in all areas of Wood Floor Warehouse are following specific rules changing how we work to help reduce the virus spread.
Online Orders For Home Delivery
We are still taking online orders, but we have reduced our warehouse staff to allow for social distancing for our pick and pack teams. This means that delivery times are delayed, and are currently around 4-5 working days. Upon receiving your order, we will respond with your delivery date within 2 working days. We are aware that many couriers are under extreme pressure due to the increase in deliveries. Because of this, we are advising that delivery dates cannot be guaranteed.
- Regular delivery timing is from 8am-6pm. You can also order for a timed AM or PM delivery, for a small extra charge
- Unfortunately, we cannot provide a delivery time for online orders, other than what is stated on our website.
- Deliveries are expected to arrive on the date stated on your delivery email. If we are aware of any disruption we will contact you directly. Please only contact us about your delivery if this date has passed.
When lockdown measures are eased, we will resume delivering orders at our normal 3-4 working day timescale. Unfortunately, we do not know when this will be.
Click and Collect
Click & Collect is available at all stores. Please use our website to order for store collection. We will contact you within 1-2 working days to let you know when your order is ready for collection and arrange a collection slot. Please only call us if 2 working days have passed from your order date.
For each store the is an approximate wait from the date of order, before goods can be collected :
Bangor Store 1-2 Working Days
Belfast Store 1-2 Working Day
Warrington Store 1-2 Working Days
Wait times are reviewed daily and we hope to reduce them as soon as possible.
Please do not come to the store before we contact you, as your goods will not be available. Please bring your receipt (paper or digital) and call the number that we will provide so we can bring your goods outside to a safe collection point. Because we are protecting our team by social distancing we are currently unable to load up your vehicle. Ensure that whoever is collecting is able to lift packs of flooring weighing up to 20kgs.
We are dispatching all samples ordered online within 48hrs, but we are aware of increasing delays with royal mail postal services who deliver all our samples, so please expect some delays which are unfortunately out of our control. Please check with Royal Mail Service Changes for updates on their service.
Many of our office staff have re-located to work from home with many of our lines diverted to our staff's personal phones. Our advice service has not been affected with email, online chat, and phone support also still available.
Deliveries local to our stores are still being carried out by our own team, but some delays are expected. Please note the following :
- We can no longer deliver to your room of choice. We are now only delivering into the front hall
- Please keep the advised 2m social distance from our delivery driver
- We will use new disposable gloves for each delivery
- Deliveries outside our radius are carried out by couriers who may be taking their own specific measures. Many couriers & hauliers are delivering with social distance, by leaving your goods outside and ringing the doorbell.
We can now be made to any of our stores. NB Our standard returns policy applies with the following exceptions:
For any goods purchased instore only, we have extended the date of the returns to 15th July 2020, for when your return period lapsed or was restricted during our closure. Due to social distancing, we will not be able to assist with lifting your goods onto our premisis.
For any goods purchased online only, we have extended the date of the returns to 15th July 2020, for when your return period lapsed or was restricted during our closure.
All returned goods will be disinfected by our staff.
If you have an existing credit with us, due to expire while our stores are closed, we are extending these to be valid for up to 30th July 2020. As always, ensure that you bring a copy of your credit note to redeem it in our stores.